INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL – EDUCONS UNIVERSITY
PROGRAM NAME: URBAN AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN PRACTICE: SUSTAINABILITY FOR ALL (WITH SERBIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE)
ORGANISED BY EDUCONS UNIVERSITY SREMSKA KAMENICA – NOVI SAD, SERBIA
DURATION: 4 weeks during summer (JULY 1st – AUGUST 1st, 2016) APPLICATION FINAL DEADLINE: May 15th, 2016 Number of participants: Minimum 15 persons Contact Person: Dr. Sladjana Cabrilo, Phone: 6577711 ext 8719, Email: email@example.com
Although people and their activities tend to be classified as either ‘rural’ or ‘urban’, the links between rural and urban locations, people and activities are in fact the key for sustainability. Understanding urbanization and the links between rural and urban areas is fundamental to making the most of the global transformations happening around the world.
International Summer School at Educons University is organized to promote the exchange of experience and knowledge, between students, renowned professors, and industry professionals. This summer school is aimed at business students and graduates who wish to deepen their understanding and gain new knowledge/experiences of the latest trends in urban and rural development, through socializing and discussion with students and industry professionals from different backgrounds and eminent professors from prominent institutions in the region. The academic program will be accompanied with Serbian language and culture course. The program has an international character with an emphasis on new forms of communication between participants and new learning techniques while gaining experience through workshops, practical work and professional visits in the area of urban and rural development.
REASONS TO APPLY:
- 30 days of international experience in Serbia, a country situated at the crossroads between Central and Southeast Europe, building global awareness and thinking, and getting the feel of Educons University spirit with top professionals and professors from the universities in the region
- Interesting lectures from different fields and small group work in an international atmosphere, professional practice and practical work, and the exchange of cultural experience and knowledge
- Developing new competencies through interesting discussions and opportunities to meet new people from different cultural and business environments
- The possibility of obtaining a certificate, and building up your CV
- 6 ECTS credits for participation (possibility)
- Promo packages that include the tuition fee, food and accommodation, and the mini – tours and excursions
- The possibility of learning basic Serbian language (Serbian Cyrillic alphabet was devised in 1814 by Serbian linguist Vuk Karadzic) and listening about Serbian culture (history, cultural heritage, art, film, customs and cuisine), including visits to museums and galleries)
- Insight into the cultural events such as festivals, local traditional events and nightlife in Vojvodina that have a big impact on regional development.